What's your favorite old game?

General Gaming Discussions
Erik

Post by Erik » August 9th, 2017, 6:45 am

for mine The Dark Cloud series was really well done. It had a lot of replayability thanks to their random map generation, interesting story lines, and weapons system.

re3k
Steam: http://steamcommunit

Post by re3k » August 9th, 2017, 11:32 am

My favorite older games are old PC games that I played as a kid and as a teen. I used to play Age of Empires and Command and Conquer. I remember my step dad would play me in Command and Conquer just about every day after school, had so much fun.

Sannn

Post by Sannn » August 11th, 2017, 5:43 am

super pang and mario ( 1st game i'd started with ).

JKing
Steam: JKing

Post by JKing » August 19th, 2017, 2:06 am

super mario classic

wiseagent

Post by wiseagent » August 19th, 2017, 4:24 pm

I go with some of the classics (yes, in the plural because I can't name just one... it's impossible :lol:) that were part of my childhood: Super Mario, Sonic and Pac Man.

Those three are among my favorite ones. So many good memories. 8-)

pizzalover

Post by pizzalover » August 19th, 2017, 6:23 pm

For me, GTA Vice city. I love it.

JaiGuru

Post by JaiGuru » August 19th, 2017, 6:33 pm

I go back to the old 16 bit Final Fantasy games over and over again. The battle systems in those games were so well tuned that even though I know the tricks that will be thrown at me, I still derive some pleasure from besting the challenges. It's fun to revisit old favorite characters and locations, too. It almost feels a bit like a home coming since I'm that familiar with them.

Linked

Post by Linked » August 20th, 2017, 2:00 am

MIne is Kirby! Anybody knows that cute pink fellow? I remember the first time that I played Kirby's Adventure on NES. I fell in love with it and I played every single game from the franchise. It was just so fun... it had same elements as Super Mario games but it was still different. Sucking those bad guys in and blasting them out.

I sadly don't have NES anymore but I have an emulator on my computer with different ROMs and Kirby is one of them.

Authord
Steam: Authord

Post by Authord » August 20th, 2017, 8:31 am

Mine is wining eleven, i don't really think is more of a recent game than a old game, but the last time i played it is old enough for it to be an old game. and i really loved the game, because i loved anything football, the game came on it's own was sensational and i really enjoyed playing it.

JaiGuru

Post by JaiGuru » August 21st, 2017, 2:56 am

Linked wrote:
August 20th, 2017, 2:00 am
MIne is Kirby! Anybody knows that cute pink fellow? I remember the first time that I played Kirby's Adventure on NES. I fell in love with it and I played every single game from the franchise. It was just so fun... it had same elements as Super Mario games but it was still different. Sucking those bad guys in and blasting them out.

I sadly don't have NES anymore but I have an emulator on my computer with different ROMs and Kirby is one of them.
The Kirby games are great fun! Did you get to play the one on Super Nintendo? It's my personal favorite in the series. I love all of the little adventures the game packs in, especially the Dyna-Blade scenario. The forthcoming Switch installment looks like a return to form for the series, too. I like the experimental approach Nintendo took with it in Kirby's Epic Yarn but I'm glad to see them getting back to basics.