What do you listen to when gaming?

General Gaming Discussions
re3k
Steam: http://steamcommunit

Post by re3k » August 9th, 2017, 3:49 am

I know when I'm gaming or warming up I like to have music in the background to keep me pumped. What type of music do you like to listen to when you're gaming or warming up?

I usually just go with a Youtube playlist of a rapper I'm into or a playlist of Trap music to keep me going. Typically before I play a match I like to warm up to make sure my aim is on point so I'm usually jamming out to rock or trap music, something more fast paced.

What about you?

wiseagent

Post by wiseagent » August 19th, 2017, 4:29 pm

The songs that I usually listen to depend a lot on the game I'm playing (and sometimes it depends on my mood too :roll: ). Usually, they are hectic songs that make me more excited to play (especially when I'm playing against someone).

Many people think it's silly, but I think music influences a lot when it comes to playing.

Rush
Site Admin
Steam: Rush
Referrals: 6

Post by Rush » August 19th, 2017, 5:36 pm

I don't really like listening to music while playing, Especially FPS games! It's too distracting, I like to submerse myself into the game and as far as FPS games, I like to hear the gunshots and foot steps so I don't get killed while looking for enemies.
ImageImageImageImage

JaiGuru

Post by JaiGuru » August 19th, 2017, 6:22 pm

For me it's all about the game's sound track and audio hints. I rely on sound a lot in online gaming to give me information about enemy movement, load-out, whether my clip is empty or successfully reloaded, and to tell me exactly where my feet are for the purposes of being suitably behind cover. I find that, especially in games like Call of Duty where your view of the world doesn't include a periphery as our own natural vision does, being away of the sound in your game can give you that tiny edge you need when facing off against a strong opponent.

pizzalover

Post by pizzalover » August 19th, 2017, 6:27 pm

It depends, sometimes I listen to the playlist of the game or some times I listen to the music of my Itunes library.

Linked

Post by Linked » August 20th, 2017, 1:55 am

Sometimes I don't listen to any music at all. I find it impossible listening to music while playing FPS games because it gives you a HUGE disadvantage. I can't imagine playing CS:GO Search and Destroy and listening to a tune. I would most likely die in the first ten seconds, haha.

If I do listen to music while gaming then it's mainly if I play MOBAs or offline based games. I have some great gaming Spotify playlists that I've found so I just put one of those on and I play.

giovanniiiii
Steam: giovanniiiii

Post by giovanniiiii » August 20th, 2017, 5:38 am

I personally listen to Initial D soundtrack if the game or match is in a phase that is on the heat of battle. I feel like the racing music is more than enough to hype me up for battles. Occasionally I listen to future funk to relax while playing.

Authord
Steam: Authord

Post by Authord » August 20th, 2017, 7:54 am

It actually depends on the type or genre of games am playing, because each games has it's own beat map. and the music has to flow with the game sequence. When am playing RPG games i listen to " Enya-Only time" and when am playing FIFA/PES in don't blast musics, i prefer the commentary and the background music. when am playing action packed games i listen to Rap songs, Eminem,Drake,Big sean, mix tapes etc.

kingcool52

Post by kingcool52 » August 20th, 2017, 11:35 am

Like Authord who has posted above me, what I listen to always depend on the game that I am playing. If I am playing a game where sound doesn't matter too much like Grand Theft Auto or FIFA then I usually have music playing through my TV speakers using the Spotify app that is on the PlayStation 4. But then there are other games where the sound really does matter like Rainbow Six Siege where you need to be listening very carefully. When I'm playing a game like that I tend to have my earphones in and only have the game sound on. Listening to music during a Rainbow Six Siege game would be the end of you because you just wouldn't be able to hear enemy fire or footsteps and you wouldn't even know what direction they are coming from.

Accounted

Post by Accounted » August 20th, 2017, 6:59 pm

Well, the in game music and sound of course. I don't mute the game just to be able to listen to mp3 tracks of my own. I don't think that it syncs quite well when I'm playing a game. Except maybe when I'm playing a racing game.

Racing games are made to stimulate real driving. That's why they are meant to be played with your favorite music. When I'm playing racing games, I listen to the saved tracks on my smartphone. It makes the racing game much more fun IMO.