Switched phones, Steam Authentication help please?

Rush
Site Admin
Steam: Rush
Referrals: 6

Post by Rush » October 1st, 2017, 9:06 pm

I just bought the new iPhone 8 Plus and would like to transfer over my Steam Authenticator, Same number same everything... I logged in and it's unfortunately enabled on my iPhone 6S Plus still! I don't want to remove it and re-activate it because it'll be another 15 days trade block -_-!

Does anyone know a way around this?
ImageImageImageImage

kawe40

Post by kawe40 » October 6th, 2017, 2:50 pm

It may be possible to back up the apps onto something and transfer the data to the new phone not exactly sure how thats done thou.

Poots
Steam: Poots
Referrals: 1

Post by Poots » October 10th, 2017, 3:53 am

To transfer your authenticator to a new phone, you'll need access to the phone number associated with your account (so we can send you a text message to confirm it's you).

From the Steam Mobile app on your new device, try to log into your account. When the app asks for your authenticator code, select "Please help, I no longer have access to my Mobile Authenticator codes." Follow the steps the app provides and you can either transfer your authenticator to the new device or remove it from the previous device.

After transferring the authenticator, any new trades or market listings will be held for a couple of days to protect your items in case your authenticator is ever transferred by a malicious person. See our Trade Holds FAQ for more information about trade holds.

Copied from the Steam Support site.

Poots
Steam: Poots
Referrals: 1

Post by Poots » October 10th, 2017, 3:56 am

Sorry for such a late reply btw, I only saw the post just now...